SHC, we understand visiting a church can be nerve-racking. To help paint a picture, we have listed the things you can
expect when worshiping with us at one of our Sunday gatherings. A typical gathering lasts 60 minutes (9-10am & 10:30-11:30am) and has these elements...
HOW WE TEACH: Our habit is to preach verse-by-verse straight through books of the Bible. Why? We believe the Bible is not a series of disconnected stories but every single verse points us to the grand narrative of grace, hope, freedom, offered only in Jesus. So each week, our goal is to examine Jesus like a bee hovering around a flower at different angles. Christ alone fosters true joy and worship.
HOW WE SING: Content is far more important to us than style. Whether we are singing a hymn or modern song, we place a premium on the lyrics that are coming out of our mouths and into our minds. Nonetheless, stylistically, our musicians are incredibly talented, eclectic, and on any given Sunday you might hear a piano, guitar, djembe, trumpet, harmonica, banjo, or violin. We are band-led consisting of both males and females.
HOW WE INTERACT: There are several characteristics of any church that give it a unique "personality". Here are some you'll see at SHC:
- Baptism - For those ready to publicly profess Jesus as their Lord and Savior, we celebrate baptism with our portable baptistry.
- Child Dedication - For far more than pretty picture time, we offer covenant moments to commit to raising children in the Gospel.
- Communion - The Lord's Supper as the centerpiece each Sunday, not out of ritual, but in response to the gracious news of the Gospel.
- Hospitality - You'll find people here to welcome, connect, or simply show you where the coffee is from day one.
- Intentional Prayer - Each week we have dedicated time to speak with God in confession, assurance, and intercession for others.
- Scripture Reading - The public reading of the Bible is not only commanded but our joy! Anything else is just icing on the cake.
- Simplicity - As a church plant and part of our DNA, we're
not real flashy or choreographed. Just real people worshiping Jesus.
- Systematic - Being simple doesn't mean careless. From security to atmosphere, we strive for excellence in everything we do.
Please do not hesitate to email us for any other questions you might have.